PETER R. MAY
Google Phone: (678) 713-4MAY (4629) · Cell: (404) 217-3124
E-mail: email@example.com · Web: peter-may.com
A talented and experienced communicator with the proven ability to write, design and implement effective Web content, promotional materials, blogs and advertising copy for products and services in a variety of B2B and B2C markets. An enthusiastic, creative team player with the seasoning required to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· A talented copywriter with a demonstrated aptitude for recognizing and creatively communicating the benefits of technology-based products and services as they relate to various target audiences.
· Proven success in all aspects of marketing, corporate communications and public relations.
· A skilled writer and editor with experience preparing collateral, Web content, presentations and educational materials.
· Writing ability is significantly enhanced by expertise in Web site development, creative design, technical documentation and audio/video production.
I work with business-to-business and consumer-oriented companies to develop messaging, write copy and create blogs, SEO-optimized Web content, documentation and training courses. My clients include: Lund International, Inc., Siemens, Sage Software, Carestream Dental, Technisource, Blue Competition Cycles, Tatum and The USA Trailer Store.
Tatum: Wrote, designed and produced collateral materials, Web content, case histories and blog entries for a new cloud computing software and IT service solution.
Technisource: Edited Web site content to enhance messaging, eliminate errors and optimize the usage of SEO keywords.
Siemens: Created a series of online training courses, including writing copy, creating illustrations, manipulating photographs and providing final PowerPoint presentations to a Flash Programmer.
Carestream Dental: Completed a comprehensive review of internal and external communications to reflect a new branding strategy and enhance effectiveness.
The USA Trailer Store: I currently write a weekly blog that covers news, events and technical subjects for motorcyclists, despite the fact that I do not own nor ride a motorcycle.
LUND INTERNATIONAL, INC.,
Marketing Communications Manager
Responsible for all marketing communications programs for a leading provider of automotive accessories. Wrote copy and provided design and production leadership for collateral materials, Web-based programs, catalogs, tradeshows, public relations, advertising and sales support.
assumed management responsibility for marketing communications personnel and
programs when corporate headquarters was relocated to
· Wrote and managed the design and production of highly effective new catalogs, Web content and promotional materials during the first six months of my employment.
SELF EMPLOYED, Alpharetta, Georgia 2006 – 2007
Developing messaging and copy for Web content and sales support materials to focus on product benefits rather than features. Primary client was Per-Se Technologies (now McKesson).
Created, executed and managed all marketing programs and activities for a fast-growing provider of Web-based revenue cycle management solutions for the healthcare industry.
· Wrote new marketing materials, contributing to significant revenue and market penetration growth.
· Managed a design firm and wrote SEO-oriented content for a new Web site from the ground up.
ndchealth corporatioN (acquired TechRx
Director, Marketing Communications (2002-2003)
Managed all marketing programs and activities for the leading provider of healthcare information technology and services with annual revenues of $340M. Supervised a staff of eleven creative and event management professionals.
· Wrote all corporate communications for the Web site, press releases, investor presentations and executive speeches.
· Acted as the “voice” of the company, with responsibility for both branded and corporate messaging.
Vice President, Marketing Communications (2000-2002)
Director, Marketing Communications (1999-2000)
Created and implemented targeted marketing programs including advertising, public relations, collateral materials and tradeshow participation.
· Developed an “outside the box” branding and messaging strategy that resulted in two of the three largest drug store chains and thousands of independent pharmacies nationwide purchasing the product.
· Wrote and produced marketing communications materials that contributed to $50M in new revenues. This involved changing the company’s name and creating effective, new messaging.
revive technologies incorporated,
Managed all marketing programs. Responsibilities included creative messaging, budgeting, strategic planning, research, branding and production.
· Wrote and produced a package of sales support and collateral material that contributed to revenue growth of more than 50%.
· Worked with senior executives to implement a growth strategy that resulted in the acquisition of REVIVE by Enterprise Software. Initial investors received a return of more than 100%.
Bachelor of Arts, Communication Arts, Oakland University, Rochester, MI
Member, American Marketing Association
League of American Bicyclists (avid cyclist)